Testsigma provides a UI Identifiers page which is helpful for the testers to manage UI Identifiers without modifying the Test Scripts directly while avoiding duplicates.
We can navigate to the UI Identifiers page by going through:
Applications > Select Application > Select Version > UI Identifiers
After clicking on the UI identifiers link, we will be taken to the UI Identifiers page. As you can see, there are a couple of UI Identifiers already created on this page.
Note: The UI Identifiers have a local scope limited to Application Versions i.e. UI Identifiers in one Application Version is not available in another.
- Click on a UI Identifier name to view more details about it.
- Click on the Edit icon beside a UI Identifier name to edit the corresponding UI Identifier.
- Click on the Delete icon beside a UI Identifier name to remove the corresponding UI Identifier.
Create UI Identifiers
In Testsigma, we can create UI Identifiers in six different ways as mentioned below:
1. Create UI Identifiers using Testsigma Chrome Recorder - This is the recommended way for users from Managerial and non-technical roles such as QA, SMEs and Managers who are new to Automation Testing. You can create the UI Identifiers easily by clicking on respective element in the Web page.
2. Create UI Identifiers while creating Test Step - Using this method, we can create the UI Identifiers while creating the Step. This would be the fastest way to automate a Test.
3. Create UI Identifier with Advanced Options(Advanced Users) - This is recommended for Technical users who are not familiar with Testing. Using this method, you can create XPath or CSS Selectors for dynamic Elements that doesn't work with Testsigma Recorder.
4. Import UI Identifiers - This method can be used to import UI Identifiers in batch from previous export
5. Copy UI Identifiers - This method can be used to copy the UI Identifiers of an Application between different versions. This is recommended if there are only minor changes between the UI in different versions of the same App.
Edit UI identifiers
Click on the Edit icon to edit existing UI Identifier. We will be taken to the Edit UI Identifiers page and it would appear as below:
Edit the required information on fields and click on the Update button to see the success message with newly updated UI Identifier.
Delete UI Identifiers
Click on delete icon to delete existing UI Identifier. Confirm Delete popup would appear as shown below:
Select the checkbox and click on Delete a button to see the success message with newly deleted UI Identifier.
That's all about managing UI identifiers.
Happy Automation Testing!!