Testsigma helps us in managing big projects by allowing us to add and manage multiple Applications, Application Versions, and their requirements simultaneously with minimum effort.
A Sample Project hierarchy is available here to get familiar with the Project Creation process.
After going through the hierarchy that Testsigma follows, you can continue creating the Version as given below in the Create Version section
A new Version can be added by two different methods as mentioned below:
This method is useful for the first time users to get acquainted with the Version creation process in Testsigma. Once we become familiar with the process, it is recommended to follow the second method given below in this section.
1. Firstly, click on the '+ New' button on the top right corner of any page on Testsigma and a drop-down menu appears as shown below:
2. After that, click on the item named '+ Version' to open the Create Version page. An intermediate page would open up to select the Application under which the Version is to be created and the page looks like given below:
Note: The reason for this behavior is that a Version cannot be created unless linked with an Application.
This method is recommended for the experienced users who are already familiar with the Project hierarchy and navigating around the Tool.
1. Click on the Project name on top left corner near the Testsigma logo. Select the Project inside which we need to create our Application. We will be taken to the Dashboard page.
2. Now, click on the Applications icon on the left navigation pane to go to the Applications page.
3. Click on the Application name under which we need to create the new Version.
4. Finally, click on the Create Version button above the Versions list to open the Create Version page.
Following the first or second method takes us to the Create Version page. The Create Version page looks as given below:
Enter the details as given below:
Name (Required): Enter a name(alphanumeric value) for the application version that is to be tested.
Description: Enter a meaningful description for this application version elaborating about it.
Start Date: Select an upcoming date by which the test development for the current version is to be started.
Release Date: Select a date later than the start date by which the test development for the current version is expected to be completed.
Enter the details for your Version and click on the Create button. You will see a notification for successful Version creation and will be taken to Version Details page.
To Edit an Application Version, you can either
- click on the Edit button on the top right corner on the Version Details page of the Version that needs to be edited.
- or click on the Edit button next to the Version Name on Application Details page.
On clicking the Edit button, Edit Version page would appear as given below:
Now we can edit the required fields and click on Update button. You will get a notification of successful update and will be taken to the Version Details page as before. You can verify the changes there and make more modifications if necessary.
To Delete an Application Version, you can either
- click on the Delete button on the top right corner on the Version Details page of the Version that needs to be deleted.
- or click on the Delete button next to the Version Name on Application Details page.
On clicking the Delete button, Confirm Delete popup would appear as shown below:
Select the checkbox and click on Delete button to confirm the deletion.