The test machines available on Testsigma Lab or any cloud platform will not be able to access the Applications hosted locally for active development since these machines can only access URLs on the internet. For testing those apps, you can either:
- run the tests on a local machine that is within your private network, OR
- deploy to a private online server and Whitelist IP Ranges used by Testsigma Labs and Sauce Connect
To run your tests on scheduled, nightly executions or if you simply want to use the sheer variety of machines available on the cloud, you can choose the second approach given above.
If you are new to Testsigma and not already familiar with the Test Plans, Test Lab Types e.t.c, please go through the Getting started guide before proceeding:
Getting Started - Web Apps
Please follow the below steps for allowing access for Sauce Connect to locally hosted applications and execute tests on them using Testsigma.
An active Sauce Labs account
1. Go to Configuration > Plugins > Sauce Labs and add your Sauce Labs account by entering the Username and the Access Key.
2. Download and extract the Sauce Connect executable from the following link:
3. Open the Outbound port 443 in your firewall for Sauce Connect executable. You may ask for assistance from your System Administrator for this.
4. Execute the sauce connect executable named "sc.exe" in CMD Window (Terminal for Mac/Linux) with the following parameters:
sc.exe -u <username> -k <access-key>
sc -u <username> -k <access-key>
Note: You may use '-i <identifier-name>' in addition to the above command to use a persistent id for the tunnel.
Wait for the tunnel to be connected. It will look like shown below:
Now, you may simply select the execution type in your Execution/Dry Run as Sauce Labs and Run.
Now, Sauce Labs would be able to access the local URL due to the Sauce Connect proxy that is running in the background. Sauce Connect tool will create a tunnel(something similar to VPN) between your local machine and the Testsigma server.
Please check the below article for more details:
Welcome to the era of #SmartTestAutomation