As you may already know, Bamboo is a continuous integration and delivery tool that ties automated builds, tests, and releases in a single workflow. It is one of the popular tools used for CI/CD Pipeline and Build automation.
Testsigma provides a Bamboo plugin to automate Test Execution in your Bamboo Pipeline.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Steps to add the execution step in the Bamboo pipeline
Testsigma Test Plan Run - Bamboo Plugin
You can install Testsigma Test Plan run plugin installed from the Bamboo Plugins page in your Bamboo Installation. You need to go to Bamboo administration settings -> Manage apps -> Find new apps and search for Testsigma Test plan Runner in the search box to install it.
You can also get it from here - Testsigma Bamboo Plugin direct link
Steps to add the execution step in the Bamboo pipeline
Follow the below steps to create a new Pipeline:
Log into your Bamboo Instance after starting the Bamboo instance. It takes you to the Build Dashboard as shown below:
Step 1. Create and configure a New Plan
1. Create a new pipeline by clicking on 'Create -> Create Plan' on the top menu in the Dashboard page above.
2. Enter a Project name, Plan name, and configure your repository and click on Configure Plan as shown below:
Step 2: Create a Task to trigger Testsigma Test Plan
1. Click on the 'Add Task' tab and then search for 'Testsigma Test Plan Run' and select. This is the plugin that was installed as part of the Pre-requisite.
2. Enter the following details:
Task description: A name for the Task.
Testsigma API Key: Generated from Configurations > API Keys in Testsigma App
Testsigma Test Plan ID: You can get the Test Plan specific ID from the Test Plan details page in Testsigma App.
Goto Test Plans > Click on the required Test Plan name > Switch to the CI/CD Integration Tab in Test Plan details > Find the Test Plan ID
Maximum wait time for Task completion: Specify the maximum time in minutes you want the Testsigma Plugin to wait before timing out. After this timeout, the Task will time out in Bamboo but the Test Execution will still continue in Testsigma. You can log into Testsigma App later to check the Test Plan status.
Report File Path: The File path where the JUnit report XML file is stored.
3. Click on Save to Save the Task details.
4. Click on Save and Create to create the Plan.
Step 3: Try a Sample Build
1. Click on run now to trigger the Pipeline manually to check.
As soon as the Plan runs and the pipeline reaches the Testsigma Task, the Testsigma Test Plan will be triggered. You can confirm that by navigating to the Test Development > Test Plans page in Testsigma App.
You will be able to see a running Test Plan as shown below:
You can click on the Reports icon to check the results.
Also, you can log into Testsigma to learn more about the results. That's all we need to automate Test Execution when a successful build is triggered using the Bamboo CI server.
Welcome to the era of Smart Test Automation!