Integrating your Test Results with third-party Team Collaboration tools like Microsoft Teams will boost productivity and Teamwork. Testsigma provides third-party plugin integrations for scenarios just like this. We will discuss integrating MS Teams into the Testsigma platform and automatically sending Test Reports in this article.
Please note that Testsigma also provides detailed Test Reports via Email by default.
We need to perform only 2 steps to start the test reporting using MS Teams and they are as follows:
(I) Add an Incoming Webhook App to your Microsoft Teams Account for a specific channel.
(II) Add an Integration to MS Teams in Testsigma Plugins Interface.
(I) Add Incoming Webhook App in Microsoft Teams Account
Incoming Webhooks are a simple way to post messages from external sources into MS Teams. Message Attachments can also be used in Incoming Webhooks to display richly-formatted messages that stand out from regular chat messages.
We are going to use the Incoming Webhook Connector to configure real-time reports from Testsigma. To set up an Incoming Webhook Connector, perform the following steps:
1. Visit the below link and go through the step by step guide for creating an Incoming Webhook to your selected Microsoft Team channel.
Note: Before starting, make sure you are logged into your MS Account in your default web browser first.
Once you have got the Webhook URL from the 4th step in the above-linked article, please note it down for future use while integrating your MS Teams account to Testsigma. This URL is the most important part of this configuration.
(II) Integrating your MS Teams Account into Testsigma
Third-party plugin integrations are managed in the Plugins page under Configurations and we can navigate to the Plugins page by going through: Configuration > Plugins
1. From Plugins page, click on the MS Teams plugin to integrate your MS Teams Account with Testsigma.
2. Clicking on the MS Teams link takes us to the Microsoft Teams Integration page. If an MS Teams account is already added, you can see it here as shown below. Click on the Edit icon to Edit the Integration details and Delete icon to delete the Integration:
3. If MS Teams account is not added yet, you can see an Add button and a message notifying that Microsoft Teams is not integrated yet. Click on the Add button to open the Configure Microsoft Teams Integration page as shown below:
4. In the Add MS Teams integration page, enter the Webhook URL obtained in (I) Step
For example, https://hooks.slack.com/services/<webhook_identifier>
Note: Please make sure that you enter the complete URL i.e including the https:// part
5. Once all the details are entered, click on the Add button to add the Integration.
Your MS Teams account has been added successfully and you will get a success notification. That's all we need to do to get instant notifications in MS Teams about Execution status change from Testsigma.
Welcome to the era of #SmartTestAutomation!