Some of the concepts we use in this chapter are already introduced in a few chapters that are published already. So, if you have not gone through “Testsigma Sample Application”, “Create a Project” before, please go through them now and then come back to this article.
Also, we’d expect that you have already created a login id and project for yourself in Testsigma. That will help us explain the steps better and for you to understand them much better.
To give you an overview, in this chapter - we will cover the basics of test case creation via Testsigma. We will be explaining this through the same test case that was demonstrated in the chapter “Testsigma Sample Application”.
Now let’s dive in and follow the below steps:
1. To add a test case, click on the button with “+ Test Case” on top of the page, as also highlighted below:
2. To create the test case, fill in the Name and Description, and click on the ‘Create’ button at the top right corner.
3. Once the test case is successfully created, you will see a message in the UI that says “Test case successfully created” and a “Test Case Details” page should open up:
4. Now that we are ready to start creating the test case, let’s look at the test case we are going to automate. It will include the below steps:
- Launce the App
- Tap on Create a WordPress site
- Enter email id
- Enter Username
- Enter Password
- Enter Site Address
- Tap Create Account
Now let us see how to Add Test-steps:
1. Launch App:
- The first step is to launch the application that you're automating:
2. Tap on Create a WordPress site:
- Enter Tap and you will get a list of NLP, from that list select "Tap on UI identifier":
- Hit backspace and delete the UI identifier text and enter the name of the UI identifier that you created in the previous chapter:
- Click on create button to finish adding the step:
3. Enter "Email-id" in the Email field. To look for the appropriate NLP grammar, start typing “Enter”. A dropdown with various Enter actions will appear, from that list select "Enter text data in ui identifier field":
- When the "ui identifier" text is deleted, the ui identifiers available in the repository will appear, select the ui identifier for the respective field.
- After selecting the ui identifier, hit backspace and clear the "text data", text and enter the email id that you want to enter in that field:
4. Similarly, enter the username, password, and site address. (Step:4,5,&6)
5. Tap on Create Account button:
With this, you have completed Create a Test Case of the Sample Application. In the Next chapter “Run Test Cases” you will learn how to run the Test Cases on different Test Labs.