Integrate Testsigma with AWS Lambda(CodeCommit)
Here we will discuss how we can Integrate AWS Lambda with Testsigma. As you may already know With Lambda, you can run code for virtually any type of application or backend service. CodeCommit is a trigger for AWS Lambda execution.
Steps to add execution step in AWS Lambda:
1. Go to the functions option under AWS Lambda and click on Create Functions:
2. Give in the Basic information for creating a function and click on Create function after that:
3. Once the function is created, you can scroll down to Basic settings to check the Handler file information along with fe basic timeout details.
In the screenshot below, you can see that hello.handler is your handler file.
4. You can check the hello. handler file if you scroll up.
In the below screenshot you can see that the hello.handler file contains "aws-testsigma.sh" file. This aws-testsigma.sh file will contain all the information of the Test Plan.
5. The aws-testsigma.sh should contain the below information of the Test Plan which you need to trigger:
#********START USER_INPUTS ********
TESTSIGMA_TEST_PLAN_RUN_URL=<Test Plan URL containing the unique Test Plan id>
The URL details for test plan can be taken from the Testsigma app:
6. Click on TEST at the top right corner to trigger the Test Plan.
That's all we need to automate Test Execution when a successful build is triggered using the AWS Lambda.